Getting into Medical School, aka Holy of Holies (the F-1 version)

My adventures as an international student trying to get into a US medical school as a prestigious MSI student!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I am a 22 yr old Foreign lady trying to get into an American med school. The journey has been "rough" to say the least. So join the band wagon and let's see if they think I'm good enough to become a doctor. I hope my story encourages someone, maybe you. Not necessarily to become a doctor, but just to follow your dream. Leave your comments as you read...I thrive on feedback. And if this is your first time here, catch up on what you missed, cus every post IS important...well almost all. So forget that board meeting(at your own risk) or skip that class (again at your own risk) and lose yourself in my archives. REMEMBER: "If it aint ROUGH, it aint RIGHT" - Richard Hamilton, Detroit Pistons Guard

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Top 10 ToDos for 07

Again Happy New Year All!!

Thank you for all the interesting comments on the last post. I was going to do a feedback now but thought I'd lighten things up a bit for the New Year and save it for next time. If you still want to leave your comments on it, please do.

So I don't have New Year Resolutions...per se. But I do have a laundry list of things that need to get done this year, by any means necessary.

In roughly chronological order...

1. Get that letter to Harvard by the end of next week

2. Save up all the money I will need for the few months after May 7th when I'm out of a job(I'm about a quarter of the way there and Christmas didn't help much either)

3. In case 2 fails, find something to do to possibly bring in some income after May 7th or start alerting possible contributors/donors of a possible resident-bum

4. Work on developing body and spirit. Ok lemme spell that out: Gain all the weight I lost last year back(yes you read right, I said GAIN), and learn to chill with the Big Guy even when things are going smoothly.

5. Try to be a little less selfish (that's probably part of 4, but I feel needs individual mention) and appreciate the people that love me

6. Get my kids ready for their exam (3 more weeks, I'm getting cold feet)

7. To follow through with transitioning my hair to natural this time, so help me GOD (3.5 months since last perm and counting)

8. Matriculate at my dream medical school with some free money in the bank and no cosigner...again, So Help me GOD

9. Finally renew that Student Visa, like...totally...really about time!

10. Go Home after six long years, eat some suya and celebrate my mum's 50th with her!

I think that covers it. I wish everyone a wonderful year and whatever you have on your list, God Speed achieving it/them. I'm off for interview #5 tomorrow. This might be THE ONE y'all! Did you just say "Aren't they all?"

<< Back to Latest Post

5 Comments:

Blogger Biodun said...

Hope u achieve all these and much more in Jesus name! Happy new year!

January 03, 2007 1:29 AM  
Blogger Dimples said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR and as we don't serve a wicked God...he shall grant us the desires of our hearts...It is well!!1

January 03, 2007 4:40 AM  
Blogger ABBEY said...

Thanks guys...wishing you all the best too. And Overwhelmed, Anita Baker huh?

January 03, 2007 9:47 PM  
Blogger NaijaBloke said...

Pray 2007 brings u all ur heart desires ..

U have a nice day

January 04, 2007 2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year chica! Hope your laundry list comes out nice and crisp in Jesus name! If you need help going nappy, holla, it's been a lil over a year now since I transitioned. :-D

Take care,

Someone's niece...

January 04, 2007 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to Latest Post