Getting into Medical School, aka Holy of Holies (the F-1 version)

My adventures as an international student trying to get into a US medical school as a prestigious MSI student!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I am a 22 yr old Foreign lady trying to get into an American med school. The journey has been "rough" to say the least. So join the band wagon and let's see if they think I'm good enough to become a doctor. I hope my story encourages someone, maybe you. Not necessarily to become a doctor, but just to follow your dream. Leave your comments as you read...I thrive on feedback. And if this is your first time here, catch up on what you missed, cus every post IS important...well almost all. So forget that board meeting(at your own risk) or skip that class (again at your own risk) and lose yourself in my archives. REMEMBER: "If it aint ROUGH, it aint RIGHT" - Richard Hamilton, Detroit Pistons Guard

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Public Service Announcement

So my roommate and I have been thinking about a way to help upcoming med students for a while now...even before I started this blog. So we decided to do a by email advisory service. Funny enough some of you have already subscribed to it and sent me questions by email but for the sake of everyone I figured I'd officially announce it. Between "Smart-one" and I, we know someone at every stage of med school and residency and at different schools in the US, so if you have any specific questions shoot me an email (abbeykay@gmail.com) and between the two of us and "THE NETWORK" we will probably be able to answer your questions. How should I study for the MCAT? Does school J accept international students? How can I get financial aid? How hard is Med School anyways? whatever it is, bring it on and I will post the question and answers on here for the benefit of everyone.

Also I just got this idea a few minutes ago. Won't it be nice to interview some of these people in "THE NETWORK" and put it up here? You know..."10 questions for..." Hmmm or is that just a repetition of everything I just mentioned above. I don't know...just trying to be useful. I would be flying out for my interview tomorrow. So I might not be checking this page out for a minute but if you think the interview thing is a good idea then please give me some ideas as to the questions you want me to ask. I'm thinking our first Interviewee will be "Smart-one" herself, I haven't told her yet but I'm sure she'll oblige.

Ok I'm expecting a full email box or comment section when I get back

<< Back to Latest Post

2 Comments:

Blogger Bella Naija said...

That's such a great idea!
Kudos to you and your friend for trying to help others out!
I'll forward this to all my friends who are prospective med students...

December 14, 2006 11:55 AM  
Blogger ABBEY said...

thanks Bella, and yes...pls spread the word.

December 16, 2006 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to Latest Post