Getting into Medical School, aka Holy of Holies (the F-1 version)

My adventures as an international student trying to get into a US medical school as a prestigious MSI student!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I am a 22 yr old Foreign lady trying to get into an American med school. The journey has been "rough" to say the least. So join the band wagon and let's see if they think I'm good enough to become a doctor. I hope my story encourages someone, maybe you. Not necessarily to become a doctor, but just to follow your dream. Leave your comments as you read...I thrive on feedback. And if this is your first time here, catch up on what you missed, cus every post IS important...well almost all. So forget that board meeting(at your own risk) or skip that class (again at your own risk) and lose yourself in my archives. REMEMBER: "If it aint ROUGH, it aint RIGHT" - Richard Hamilton, Detroit Pistons Guard

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I'm off for a much needed vacation today...so I will most likely not be posting anything. HAPPY TURKEY DAY and to some of us it's just a very long weekend.

Back home, thanksgiving is also a once a year ceremony, but it entails wearing your best outfit for a very long service in church and donating most of your paycheck to one or all of the twenty offerings they collected that day. But that would be the parents problem. I only remember being very hungry and waiting for the service to end (didn't they just have an offering for the mothers? Oh this one is for the mothers with kids, who woulda thought) not being any where close to thankful. But now I know better.

I'm thankful for family, friends, the wonderful and encouraging comments you all leave, a regular paycheck, not having to make cheeseburgers to get the regular paycheck, where I am in the application process so far and finally, for a very work free weekend!

It might be hard, but I'm sure you can find something to be thankful for. I personally feel like I should have more interviews or an acceptance by now, I haven't heard anything in two long weeks, but then I know it could be worse...


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

<< Back to Latest Post

6 Comments:

Blogger NaijaBloke said...

Happy thanksgiving to u and ur last post gave me some confidence towards my dream o ..

Take care

November 22, 2006 5:59 PM  
Blogger ABBEY said...

@overwhelmed...lol, almost huh? don't worry your money is on the way.

@naijabloke...i'm glad at least someone benefited from it.

Happy Thanksgiving.

November 23, 2006 10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving...God is good

November 24, 2006 1:25 PM  
Blogger ABBEY said...

All the time, trying to always remember that

Hope you had a good thanksgiving too.

November 26, 2006 10:39 PM  
Blogger Biodun said...

Hope u had a nice thanksgiving. You will get good results on your interviews in Jesus name, have a blessed week.

November 27, 2006 2:27 PM  
Blogger NaijaBloke said...

U never come back ni ..LOL

Hope u had a nice time or still having ni ?

November 28, 2006 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to Latest Post