Getting into Medical School, aka Holy of Holies (the F-1 version)

My adventures as an international student trying to get into a US medical school as a prestigious MSI student!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I am a 22 yr old Foreign lady trying to get into an American med school. The journey has been "rough" to say the least. So join the band wagon and let's see if they think I'm good enough to become a doctor. I hope my story encourages someone, maybe you. Not necessarily to become a doctor, but just to follow your dream. Leave your comments as you read...I thrive on feedback. And if this is your first time here, catch up on what you missed, cus every post IS important...well almost all. So forget that board meeting(at your own risk) or skip that class (again at your own risk) and lose yourself in my archives. REMEMBER: "If it aint ROUGH, it aint RIGHT" - Richard Hamilton, Detroit Pistons Guard

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

PAINFULLY WATCHING PAINT DRY...

For the one or hopefully two of you that haven't given up on me, thanks...I'm still here and the last month or so has been a battle to keep my sanity. The appointed date is here and it has almost passed like any other...I woke up this morning, looked at my cell/very-annoying-alarm clock and as my brain finally deciphered that the 1 and 5 next to May wasn't May 51st, 7020, I realized it was finally here and must have unfortunately missed the heavenly host's rendition of "GLORIA" to commemorate the occasion.

And so the wait and worry continues. Never in my life would I talk smack about those Israelites again...it's so sad that after how far I have come in this journey and all the miracles I've seen, I arrive at the coast of the Red Sea and can't seem to trust the ONE that brought me here.

The mind is willing...but the flesh is so darn weak!

<< Back to Latest Post

3 Comments:

Blogger Gramps said...

hey, just hang in there. I've PERSONALLY come to find out that it's never over till it's actually over.
God is still in control.

May 16, 2007 11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol@talk smack about those Israleites..Just make sure you don't start worshipping no golden calfs or nuthin', lol

A quick update would be great. How'd ur interview'ing/waitlist'ing/acceptance's go ?

May 17, 2007 3:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well A, at the end of the day almost, and still I couldn't think of what exactly to tell you. But Hold on, He's never lost a case. in your weakness, he shows up and shows out. 2nd Corinthians 12:9. or better yet, Mark 9: 24 "And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." Everyone's aunt who insisted you come out of hiding. Take a walk and just say "Lord my Life is in your hands."

May 17, 2007 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to Latest Post