Getting into Medical School, aka Holy of Holies (the F-1 version)

My adventures as an international student trying to get into a US medical school as a prestigious MSI student!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I am a 22 yr old Foreign lady trying to get into an American med school. The journey has been "rough" to say the least. So join the band wagon and let's see if they think I'm good enough to become a doctor. I hope my story encourages someone, maybe you. Not necessarily to become a doctor, but just to follow your dream. Leave your comments as you read...I thrive on feedback. And if this is your first time here, catch up on what you missed, cus every post IS important...well almost all. So forget that board meeting(at your own risk) or skip that class (again at your own risk) and lose yourself in my archives. REMEMBER: "If it aint ROUGH, it aint RIGHT" - Richard Hamilton, Detroit Pistons Guard

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Ok too good to be true I know...but I get this sudden epiphany to check my work email which I check like once every two weeks. I see an email from this lady whose mails always talk about one seminar or the other. I'm like "Ok let's see what seminar it is this time"

Guess who the speaker is?

Ben Carson?!?!

I promise you I don't make this stuff up, apparently the truth is really stranger than fiction!!!

And they're giving a free lunch too..I'll really have to be crazy not to go. It's in a few days(like a week plus) so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

<< Back to Latest Post

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord. He does work in mysterious ways. You should take your book to get it signed if it's allowed. I think this is a sign from the Lord pointing you in the right direction. Be Blessed and have an awesome weekend. Everyone's Aunt

March 23, 2007 7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! BACK FROM MY HIBERNATION!!!! I AM GUESSING YOU KNOW WHY BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS YOU ARE DESTINED FOR SUCCESS. THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF BETTER THINGS TO COME. PITY I CANT QUOTE THE BIBLE LIKE SOME OF MY FELLOW FOLLOWERS(LOL) OF YOUR BLOG BUT THIS WORKS (WORK AND PRAY) WATCH OUT WORLD!!! HERE COMES ABBEY!!!!!!!!!!

March 28, 2007 1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog the other day and have read it through. Your posts really resonate with me. I too discovered rather late that I wanted to be a dentist. Unfortunately it was too late having lounged all through high school and not getting the grades required. I did Computer Science instead and now spend every day at work not taking initiative. I really would like to fulfill my dream but unfortunately the closer i get to 30, the more unrealistic it becomes. Anyway, enough of my sob story. I admire your ambition, determination and drive. Please don't let your dream die, continue to fight tooth and nail to achieve it. The alternative to not achieving your dream is just too miserable. I hope you keep writing. Amo

March 30, 2007 4:32 PM  
Blogger ABBEY said...

@Aunt and Oworu: Let's hope so, as august draws nearer, I'm beginning to get cold feet about the whole medicine thing. This too will probably pass.

@amo: thanks for stopping by. Its never too late for you to go back to school! There are people in their 30s and 40s in medical school and I'm sure dental school too so there really is no excuse, you don't want to be the grumpy old man/woman that never followed their dream!!

April 02, 2007 12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and keep writing!!!!!!!!!!

April 02, 2007 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to Latest Post