Getting into Medical School, aka Holy of Holies (the F-1 version)

My adventures as an international student trying to get into a US medical school as a prestigious MSI student!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I am a 22 yr old Foreign lady trying to get into an American med school. The journey has been "rough" to say the least. So join the band wagon and let's see if they think I'm good enough to become a doctor. I hope my story encourages someone, maybe you. Not necessarily to become a doctor, but just to follow your dream. Leave your comments as you read...I thrive on feedback. And if this is your first time here, catch up on what you missed, cus every post IS important...well almost all. So forget that board meeting(at your own risk) or skip that class (again at your own risk) and lose yourself in my archives. REMEMBER: "If it aint ROUGH, it aint RIGHT" - Richard Hamilton, Detroit Pistons Guard

Friday, September 08, 2006

Joke's on me!

Boss to audience during acknowledgements after a presentation:
"....I'd like to thank "his Boss" for her support, "ABBEY" for her excellent technical assistance, the rest of the lab....etc"

ABBEY to Boss after presentation:
"Nice presentation, don't really know about the 'EXCELLENT technical assistance' part... "

Boss to ABBEY:
"I know right? I was just trying to encourage you"

daaannnnnggggg! LOL.

<< Back to Latest Post

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha!!! reminds me of my internship so yr. I'll dig up the blog about it and send it to u...

September 09, 2006 12:29 PM  
Blogger ABBEY said...

lol...sure send it. long time no hear.

September 09, 2006 12:48 PM  
Blogger Biodun said...

Dang, he practically took the compliment back, lol, pele

September 11, 2006 10:17 AM  
Blogger ABBEY said...

i know...me and my big mouth, shd have just let it go! he's a very sarcastic east european though so I didn't feel too bad.

September 11, 2006 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to Latest Post