Getting into Medical School, aka Holy of Holies (the F-1 version)

My adventures as an international student trying to get into a US medical school as a prestigious MSI student!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I am a 22 yr old Foreign lady trying to get into an American med school. The journey has been "rough" to say the least. So join the band wagon and let's see if they think I'm good enough to become a doctor. I hope my story encourages someone, maybe you. Not necessarily to become a doctor, but just to follow your dream. Leave your comments as you read...I thrive on feedback. And if this is your first time here, catch up on what you missed, cus every post IS important...well almost all. So forget that board meeting(at your own risk) or skip that class (again at your own risk) and lose yourself in my archives. REMEMBER: "If it aint ROUGH, it aint RIGHT" - Richard Hamilton, Detroit Pistons Guard

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Link Up

All the talk about interviews got me poking around the internet, here are some links I consider interesting...they vary from career help articles, countdowns and other completely random stuff. Some I just found and some are from my classic collection. Take time out and click on a few. For the Forbes countdowns there's usually a picture on the left you can click on for slideshows. ENJOY!

Henrietta has left the building, or not?

Are you being too nice?
I recommend all of the links, but this is a personal favorite...especially for those in Corporate America, in fact, anyone working period!

Tell me about yourself. And no, not the 1 hour version

Is dating on the job really a no-no?

So if I become a surgeon, would I really have to learn to hold my pee for a 26 hr surgery?
This one settled an argument between my sister and I. Of course I won...lol

Geez, another career fair? How will this be any different from the 100 others?

Renting aint easy, especially if you live here

How not to fall into the trap
Useful tips, but sometimes very idealistic

Who says you have to sleep 8 hrs to stay healthy?
Found this one today.

PS: Henrietta Lack's (HeLa) cells are used in almost all human disease research labs worldwide, yes WORLDWIDE. Anytime you hear of something being tested on human cells, chances are they're talking about HeLa cells. We have a little "garden" of them growing in the lab where I work and I have the honor of feeding them every other day.

I know you came here expecting some interesting story or the other...yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm working on it.

<< Back to Latest Post

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol - i found the 26-hr question article at work a while back (don't remember if i sent it to you - my guess is i didnt!) I guess you found it :D

August 28, 2006 3:02 AM  
Blogger ABBEY said...

yeah u sent it to me but i'd already seen it a few mins before

August 28, 2006 7:51 AM  
Blogger OMDG said...

The sleep thing that msn published is a bunch of BS. It's an example of the media taking a correlational study (people who sleep less live longer) and turning it into causation. I'm sure you can see what I'm getting at.

September 08, 2006 9:15 PM  
Blogger ABBEY said...

i usually trust msn, so didn't verify it

September 08, 2006 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to Latest Post