Getting into Medical School, aka Holy of Holies (the F-1 version)

My adventures as an international student trying to get into a US medical school as a prestigious MSI student!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I am a 22 yr old Foreign lady trying to get into an American med school. The journey has been "rough" to say the least. So join the band wagon and let's see if they think I'm good enough to become a doctor. I hope my story encourages someone, maybe you. Not necessarily to become a doctor, but just to follow your dream. Leave your comments as you read...I thrive on feedback. And if this is your first time here, catch up on what you missed, cus every post IS important...well almost all. So forget that board meeting(at your own risk) or skip that class (again at your own risk) and lose yourself in my archives. REMEMBER: "If it aint ROUGH, it aint RIGHT" - Richard Hamilton, Detroit Pistons Guard

Saturday, August 05, 2006

BREAKING NEWS!!

You won't believe it, a few hours after putting up yesterday's post, I checked my email and VOILA! It was another secondary application. And believe it or not, it was from thesame school(one of the Boston ones) I saw that guy submitting his secondary for the other time. Thank GOD I didn't try anything stupid. All I can really say is HALELLUJAH, my GOD liveth!! Don't ask me to explain why I'm getting it now though 'cus technically my primary apps haven't been verified yet, but right now, Imma take whatever Imma get! I'm going to try to fill out the application as soon as I can and get all the necessary recommendation letters(another interesting story waiting to be told!) together.

PS: Location of the Schools I sent my primary apps to:
Boston
New York
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Illinois
Washington, DC
North Carolina
California

*And a few more whose locations might pretty much give up the school names

I have my preferences, but I'll really take whoever right now. Things are looking up though, 1 valuable secondary changes everything. In all my excitement, I screwed up one of my experiments at work yesterday so I'll be back in today, patching it up. Unfortunately there goes my Saturday but it will take more than that to get me down right now, what would I have been doing anyways, apart from getting caught up in two hour cycles of Lifetime movies!

Thanks for all the support, I'll keep you posted

<< Back to Latest Post

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

apart from getting caught up in two hour cycles of Lifetime movies!....Somebody's complaining about getting sucked up into the Lifetime cycle.....I wish I could do that right now, maybe a new neighbor will move in ;) CONGRATS on the 1st serious secondary! Wait does that mean u will definitely be interviewing with them or will that be after the review of the secondary?

August 05, 2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger ABBEY said...

thanks...they'll review it and determine if they want to interview me. i know who u are...

August 05, 2006 2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uuuuuuhhh... she knows who u are...

August 05, 2006 2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the secondary app....but there are brighter days ahead because God has a plan for you and he will not let you down. Just keep faith and him in your prayer.

August 07, 2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger ABBEY said...

thanks! I need all the encouragement I can get. When I will start really celebrating is when I get interviews but till then, everything just gets me one step closer, and is also a blessing.

August 07, 2006 11:46 AM  
Blogger Owumi said...

Congrats!!!

August 08, 2006 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to Latest Post